Creston Judo Club
The Creston Judo Club enjoys interclub champions provincial champions, inter provincial champions, national champions, and international champions as part of their membership.
Constitution & Bylaws
The purpose of the Creston Judo Club is:
- To promote greater public awareness of the sport in the Creston Valley.
- To increase the number of participants in the sport and in the efficient administration of the sport.
- To promote Judo as a lifelong interest.
- Bylaws Updated 2017
Judo Class Times
Samurai Teddy Bears
- Youngest Group
- All White Belts 8+
- Coloured Belts
- Advanced Coloured Belts
$60/month OR $500/year
$50/month OR $425/year
Judo BC Fee: $85/year (Mandatory for all)
Respect For Your Training Partner
Respect For Our Dojo
Slip on Sandals
Clean Feet and Gi
Cash Calendar Winners
- December 1 - Jenna Gigliotti
- December 2 - Kim Kester
- December 3 - Becky Komar
- December 4 - Darcy Elliott
- December 5 - Dina Bambrick
- December 6 - Chelsea Boot
- December 7 - Gail Kuo
- December 8 - Dan Schrader
- December 9 - Michelle Wiklund
- December 10 - Diane Ramnes
- December 11 - Amanda Wood
- December 12 - Steve Holland
- December 13 - Jo Mohr
- December 14 - Jodelle Banbury
- December 15 - Creston District Credit union
- December 16 - Aaron Richards
- December 17 - Helen & Aron Samuelson
- December 18 - Heidi Germann
- December 19 - Gail Kuo
- December 20 - Garth Huscroft
- December 21 - Bree Olsen
- December 22 - Denne Ahlefeld
- December 23 - Brenda Campbell Johnston
- December 27 - Terry McNeil
- December 28 - Vanessa Gudjunson
- December 29 - TBA
- December 30 - TBA
- December 31 - TBA
Creston Judo Club Online Registration
Leelen Samuelson Creston BCNidan Judo
Judo Player since 1999. Trained under Joe Meers San Dan, and Ben Reinhardt San Dan USA.
Competed in Nationals for team Judo BC (2008,2009,2010,2012,2013).
2002 Bronze BC Winter Games.
Currently instructs Junior class, Recreational Adults, Assistant Senior Instructor.
Completed NCCP level 2 training for Dojo instructor.
laura knudsen Creston BCBrown Belt
Began Judo in 1989 under the instruction of Sensei Bob
Continued until 2001 practicing under Sensei Joe. I reached my ikyu under Sensei Joe's instructions
2001-2005 attended the university of MedicineHat and Mount Royal for Massage therapy.
Staying active in sports and education around sports injuries has always been a passion. While living in Calgary I had the opportunity to work in a clinical environment that treated members of the Calgary flames, SAIT athletic teams and a handful of Boston marathon runners.
I returned to Creston in 2006 with my family and began building a massage practice here in the valley.
In 2017 I was recruited back to the Judo club to act as an assistant for head coach Sensei Leelen. Under his leadership I'm now NCCP certified and training to take my Shodan
The Creston Judo Club was founded in 1970 by Mrs. Irene Yamakawa (IKKYU) from Creston.
1980 - 1989
Continued by Bob Gruewald Shodan from 1980 to - 1989.
1990 - 2006
Continued by club Sensei Joe Meers. After his first year of retirement in Lister, B.C. Joe Came from Calgary Alberta where he was an instructor in the Famous "Hiro's Judo Club" run by Sensei Allan Sattin (rokudan), President of Judo Canada.
2006 - 2007
Bryan Miller & Barry McPercival for 2007.
2008 - Current
Ben Reinhardt, Leelen Samuelson & Munroe Albert
Kary Booth - President
Jennifer Felitsyn - Vice President
Crystal Pywell - Secretary
Mark Artyniuk - Treasurer
Erin Rogne - Director
Greg Banbury - Director
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGJUDO CLUB DOJO Thurs Oct 1 @ 6:30 PM